COVID-19 Specific Rules and Regulations
General Pool Rules
- Stay home if sick or in quarantine. Avoid entering the premises if symptomatic, e.g., a fever of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or above, unusual coughing, shortness of breath, headaches, chills, shaking chills, sore throat, muscle aches or pains, new loss of taste or smell, or whether they have felt feverish.
- Maintain 6 feet of separation between individuals, except for in household groups.
- Sneeze/cough into cloth, tissue, elbow or sleeve. Discard tissue in trash cans.
- Avoid hand shaking or physical contact except among household members.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water, and for at least 20 seconds.
- Patrons must wear facial masks or coverings in all non-swimming areas and to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of separation between individuals in other areas of the facility, including swimming areas, pool decks, and bathrooms.
- Emergency procedures must be observed. Please follow the direction of the pool staff at all times and leave the pool area upon the signal or request of the lifeguards.
- Pool passes permit entry into the pool area – all patrons must have a pool pass to enter the pool area regardless of intention of entering the water. Pool passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- All persons are required to take a cleansing shower bath before entering the pool.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper in the pools.
- Practice sun safety; always wear sunscreen, seek shaded areas, and protect your skin from direct sun exposure.
- No person with a communicable disease will be allowed to use the pool.
- Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs, or communicable diseases are not permitted in the pool.
- Proper swim suits are required. No street clothes are permitted and changing of clothes must be done within designated changing areas.
- Running and horse play are not allowed.
- No water wings, “swimmies”, rafts, flotation devices, mask, fins or snorkels, torpedo toys are allowed.
- All swimmers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian at all times. Parents must be in the water with their children who are 3 yrs. and under.
- Water shoes are not allowed. They track in rocks and debris attached to the bottom of the sole.
- Glass containers are not allowed within aquatics facilities.
- Drinking, smoking, the possession of alcohol, or the use of drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment, abusive or obscene language, or gestures will forfeit your right to use the pool.
- Deep water test will be given every half-hour. To swim in the deep end, swimmers must pass a swim test given by the lifeguard who will issue a deep-water bracelet to that swimmer that qualifies. The Lifeguard may revoke the band if they feel it is unsafe to have that person in the deep water.
- In the event of thunder or lightning, pool patrons must clear the pool premises. Pool activities will remain suspended until thirty minutes after the last thunder is heard.
The Walpole Recreation Department reserves the right to ask anyone to leave
for failing to comply with any of the above health and safety regulations.